Thursday, April 21, 2011

To Bike Or Not To Bike

...That is the question. Never ever did I ever ever think that I would even consider using a bicycle as a mode of transportation. Ever.


I knew that moving to Copenhagen, I would be living in a bicycle culture but I thought I had the ability to resist the trend. I was going to be a rebel. It has now been exactly 3 weeks that I live here & already I am thinking, "Well, maybe I will just look into getting a bike".


1 small little problem, I don't know how to ride one. I haven't been on a bike since I was in elementary school & that whole thing about how you never forget...Not true. You do. I needed the space in my memory bank for important things...Like what Gwyneth Paltrow was wearing when she won an Oscar & the words to "Hustler" by Rick Ross.


Buttttt....My feet hurt. Walking is slow & not very fun. And I think I would look so cute in a bicycle with a cute basket in the front of it. I'll even name it the way I name my cars. (Oh Billy Earl, I miss you sooooo much).


The biggest issue is the cost. A new bike will average between 2000-5000DKK ($375-$940). That's alot of mula for something I don't even know how to use.


But I would look so cute! And in the end, isn't that what matter most?

No comments:

Post a Comment