Saturday, April 2, 2011

Greetings from København

The photographic portion of this blog will have to wait until I have a little more time & energy but have no fear folks...It's only day 1 & I have more pics than you can possibly imagine! ;-)

So I made it to Copenhagen! I spent almost 8 hours on a plane TRYING to get some sleep (total fail) & avoiding questions from the very nice chemist sitting next to me who was very interested in knowing all about my education. On the bright side. I watched Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. Nevermind. That's not a brightside.

I arrived into Munich, where I spent all of 30 seconds in customs. Wearing a company hat was a great tip - def sped up the process when the agent realized who I worked for. That's right, sucka!! I felt important!

Tried to sleep at the Munich airport & then again on the plane ride to CPH. After an EXTREMELY foggy landing, I managed to get my bags & head to my temporary home without incident (And YES CPD met me @ the airport. Thank God for that!).

This is where it starts to get crazy. IT WAS HOT TODAY! I was sweating through my scarf & jacket. Ok, maybe it wasn't hot by Miami or even Charlotte standards but it most def was not cold enough to merit the winter clothes. Unfortunately, I did not know that this could be an option so I didn't have any clothes for this type of weather. Me?? Unprepared??? Shock waves rippled throughout the country. I promise. They did.

Right after check in, I headed over to the Netto (local grocery store) & purchased some items (more on that during the photo journey), dropped them off @ the hotel, & started walking. We walked to the office from the hotel, over to the canals where we took a canal tour, & met up w/ another friend/colleague. We then walked up some streets that I have no idea where I was at where we ran into another American Expat Colleague we knew who convinced us to head to an Irish pub for a cricket match. From there, we walked to Nyhavn (very popular place - look it up) & then walked to a restaurant where we met up w/ another colleague (from my project) for dinner. Needless to say, I AM POOPED!!!

Longest. Day. Ever.

PS - Yes, I miss you. I miss you alot. But if we're going on first impressions alone...IFFF I can get used to the walking, then I think I am gonna like this place.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely, can't wait to see the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! hot?? omg! all those winter clothes! did you forget to look up the current weather before going? lol. love u lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this place seems awesome!! I have a feeling you are going to love it there. Everything except the prices at least...damn. Keep us updated! I'm loving this!

    ReplyDelete