Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Things I Don't Understand

There are many many many things I don't understand...but I am going to narrow it down to a short list...For today.


1. McDonald's.
I have to admit, that I have not been to a Mickey D's yet but I have been watching these commercials for one of their new burgers, and it's really comical. My fave part is that this commercial is for the "Chicago Star" Burger. (Mind you, in the commercial the actress is imitating Yoda from Star Wars so that alone had me wondering what the relevance to Chicago was).
According to the website, this burger has Chicken, Salsa, & Bacon (I think there is Sour Cream too but the web doesn't specify).


Now, Don't get me wrong, I don't expect all Danes to know everything about Americans, American culture, or local/regional foods...So if this were a Danish company, I would not fault them for marketing this burger as a "Chicago Star". But this is MC DONALD'S. Someone in the Denmark marketing team should be calling someone in the American offices & doing a little fact checking before putting this stuff out there. In this day & age, your American colleague should be just a phone call, email, or IM away...Seriously Mr. Ronald Mc Donald...You & your Hamburglar disappoint me so.


2. Noma
What is Noma you ask? Why it is THE BEST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD. And I don't mean that in an "I really enjoy going there kind of way". It's literally voted the best restaurant in the world.
http://www.theworlds50best.com/
And this place is in Copenhagen!
How is this possible? In a country that is not known for its cuisine OR its customer service...But here it is. The WORLD'S best restaurant. I'd love to test this theory & try to answer the question as to why it's so good. However, the restaurant is always booked solid & will cost me more than my little wallet can handle. According to the website, they will start taking reservations for AUGUST after May 2nd. And from what I hear, the August reservations will be booked up within 10-20 minutes. How is anything that good? You know who wants to find out? THIS girl right here.


There should be no doubt in your mind that my 2 items of concern would be food related. Speaking of, I wonder what I am having for lunch...Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment