Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This is My Life

(Listening to Tracy Chapman - Cold Feet)

I don't hate it here. I really don't. But I am still not sleeping well at night...And I am constantly wondering if I can make it through a year here. This isn't a vacation...This is now my life. My dog isn't next to me. My friends aren't making plans with me for the weekend. My car is not waiting for me outside to take me wherever I want to go. It's just me. I'm not lonely yet & I have to admit that I am extremely grateful to be surrounded by people that I know & are willing to help me adjust as much as possible. I now have a Danish bank account, went to immigration, purchased a bus pass, & have completed 1 full day of work. I'm not writing this to be down on myself or pessimistic. Just letting the reality of the situation sink in. It's up to me to love it or hate it here but regardless, THIS is what it is. I'm here. Not there. And you're there. And not here. 
Wish you were here...

No comments:

Post a Comment