Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Things We Do To Get a Taste of Home

Now everybody got the game figured out all wrong
I guess you never know what you got till it's gone
I guess this is why I'm here and I can't come back home
And guess when I heard that when I was back home


(I'm comin' home again)
Do you think about me now and then?
Do you think about me now and then?
'Cause I'm comin' home again, comin' home again

"Homecoming" Kanye West

I've never been a huge Kanye West fan. As much as I love music, I don't really enjoy big ticket concerts. The live music never sounds as good, it's crowded, & runs late. Exceptions to this rule can always be made for New Kids on the Block. Just sayin'.

But yesterday I went to Tivoli & did the strangest, oddest thing. I spent 515 DKK ($97) on a ticket to a Kanye West concert in August, here in Copenhagen. In my defense, I still don't quite do the math properly & exchange rates confuse me. Had I known I would be paying more than my floor seats to the NKOTB concert 3 years ago, I may have thought twice. But I was lured by the prospect of seeing a famous d-bag American Rapper & bouncing along to songs I knew in a city where I know nothing.

I don't understand the language, the people, the customs of this place...But I do know the words to Gold Digger & in that moment, that seemed enough for me.

So on August 11, I will head back to Tivoli to find out if Kanye was worth my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment