Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Winds of Change Are A Blowin'

I've spent a few weeks now pondering if I could really be here for a year. Was this really the right decision? Will I get the hang of all this bike riding, walking, listening to strange languages that make no sense, etc? Every time I turned around, I was hitting another wall (still waiting for my things, the phone not working properly, again the bike riding, etc).

But is it possible that I am just being too hard on myself? I've only been here 6 weeks...and let's recap all the things that HAVE happened:
I moved to a different country, found an apartment that I really like, been to Sweden, bought a bike (again w/ the dang bike), been to the zoo, National Museum, Fredricksburg & King's Garden, Tivoli, IKEA (oh that was a glorious day indeed) & more. I've started to make friends, been to dinners/movies w/ persons of the opposite sex (I've heard those are sometimes called dates but that's just crazy talk), started a new job, & heading off to Switzerland tomorrow for the weekend.

More than 1 person has recently pointed out to me that I have 'hit the ground running' & it can be hard to keep up. Ha! That's funny to me.

Even today, I was chatting w/ someone & telling them how after my dinner last night, I went for a stroll through the Fredricksburg Gardens ... just because. She laughed & said that was a complete 180 from just a few weeks ago when I wondered why people are always walking. And where are they going? Seems like they walk w/ no purpose...AND WHO DOES THAT?? Guess what. Apparently, I did that. And I think I liked it. *Gasp*

I still have a lot of those questions in my head (will I like it here...can I be here an entire year....etc etc etc) but one things for sure....Whatever the answer is, I think I will come out of it w/ a totally different outlook on a lot of things. And guess what, for today at least, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Photographic evidence that I am attempting to learn how to ride "Dev" (or as some people call her, "The Green Goddess")

Enjoying my walk


Finding the beauty around me

1 comment:

  1. lmfao!! i LOVE the bike pic! lol. you are really concentrating! ;)

    ReplyDelete