Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Dice Game


Every culture has at least 1 game that they like to play as a way to pass the time while drinking. Danes are no exception. Apparently, one of these games involves dice & a leather cup. I'm still not quite sure I understand the concept of this game but I am really good at it b/c I kept winning.

The game is like part poker & part bullshit. Each player shakes their cup & turns it down. You look to see what you have rolled & you have to guess what others have rolled. The first player says, "I think that there will be two 2's". The next player then has to up that ("I think that there will be three 5's") or call the hand. If the hand is called on your turn & your guess is wrong, you continue playing w/ 4 dice while all the other players get to lose one die. This goes on until someone has no dice left & that person is the winner. At least, that's how I think the game goes. I wasn't paying much attention & kept asking after each hand "Does that mean I won?" "Yes, you won again" "Great!!! Now...how did I do that?"

This is a funny little culture. With funny little games. I think next time, it should be my turn to show them one of our games. Which one should it be? Hmmmm......

3 comments:

  1. Tried this game yesterday with colleagues in Copenhagen. That was fun! I think you have described it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this game yesterday with colleagues in Copenhagen. That was fun! I think you have described it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the game called? I play it too!

    ReplyDelete