Friday, May 6, 2011

Segway Adventures

After weeks of speculation as to what our team building event would be...We came to find out only the day before that we were being taken out on a segway tour of Copenhagen.
A-MAZ-ING!

However...Segways are not meant for people like me. A segway requires confidence & good control over your body. I am neither graceful nor coordinated enough to manage to use that thing properly. After several "Holy Shittttttt....How do you stop this thingggggggg????????????" , the instructor politely asked that I not continue on the tour. This is not quite the impression I wanted to make with my new team. Right as I accepted defeat, the guide offered to tow me for the rest of the tour. And so, Shamus the Shameless, aka Best Tour Guide Ever, towed me on my segway as we sped along through the streets of Copenhagen. We saw the always beautiful city & toured some of the nicest areas as well as some of the more "gritty" areas, all while on the comfort of a segway. No walking...I loved it so much. Maybe next time, I can actually drive my own segway but I have to admit, getting towed isn't 1/2 bad. After all, I didn't have to be afraid, I didn't have to actually drive the thing, & I was able to look around & take in all the sites without a care in the world.

I'm a lucky lucky girl.

Some days it's still very hard to be away from everyone & to be so completely out of my element but it's days like this that I am reminded of how grateful I should be to have this opportunity in my life.

And that's all she wrote...





1 comment: