Friday, May 27, 2011

Did You Drink Enough?

I was out & about last night & ended up in a small bar w/ a few buddies. As I walked in, I noticed something that seemed incredibly out of place in a country where drinking should be listed as the National Hobby: A breath analyzer machine.

This machine will check your alcohol levels & tell you if it is safe for you to drive. Drive what? No one flippin' drives in this place!! Are they concerned about drinking & biking?? How many accidents are caused each year by 2 drunk cyclists running into each other on their bicycle? I want actual stats on this.

Now...I think that this machine is a great idea....for the US. All the bars in the US should have this contraption & folks should know whether they can drive at the end of the night or not. But, in Copenhagen, it just seems...out of place. In fact, one of the guys (a Dane) we were with said, "Oh yes...We use that machine from time to time. If it shows that our alcohol level is a 1.5, well, then it just means we haven't had enough & have to work on getting ourselves to a 2.5!" Ah yes, I am sure that this is exactly what the intention is.

No comments:

Post a Comment