Friday, November 25, 2011

It's Been A While

And it's not that I have forgotten how to blog. Promise. But things have been a little hectic. The good news is that I recently had a chance to see most of you & catch up in person. Being home really refreshed my batteries & renewed my spirit in ways that I can't explain.

I loved being h-o-m-e. Spending time w/ my bestie, my dog, my family, & my friends is incomparable to any experience that I could have abroad.

However, that being said, being home made me realize something important...I am not ready to come back. I came to Copenhagen with a goal. One single purpose. And that goal has not been achieved so packing up & heading home now would only make the past 7 months a waste of my time. And I am not one to enjoy wasted time. I miss you. I love you. I LOVED being with you. But I had to come back. And I have to focus on what lies ahead. I will be back. The US is my home. It's where I ultimately belong. But right here, right now...This is where I should be. And if nothing else, being away for 2 weeks made me realize that.

And even as I type it out, I shake my head in disbelief as I never thought I would think that.


No comments:

Post a Comment