Friday, November 25, 2011

What is up with the peeing folks?

Now that I have waxed poetic about all the good....Let me explain something I truly don't understand about this country: They are fascinated w/ peeing in public.

This is not something that is exclusive to men. Women do it, too. All the time. There isn't a single weekend night that goes by that I don't see someone going to the bike lane, leaning against a wall, or jumping in between the bike racks to get their pee on. I. Don't. Get. It.

It happened just now as I was coming back from a friend's place & this time the lovely gentleman had chosen the wall next to the entrance of my building. What a sweety.

I understand that this is a country where the viking blood runs deep. But during the day (which by the way, daytime is almost non existent right now) these same people spend as much time as possible at the gym, getting waxed (yes, men too), tanning, & basically being as groomed as possible. Yet at night, the oh so classy side of the Danes comes out. One Tuborg too many & there they go. The earth is their toilet. It's so bad that there are even certain streets where you describe them by saying "You know...It's the street that always smells like pee."

I don't understand or appreciate this habit as I personally don't want to turn the corner to see a man leaning against a wall....and then turning around to see a woman squatting in between 2 bikes AS IF that could possibly cover anything. It's not pretty people.

If I were a twitterer, this is where I would write #damncountryisstrange.

No comments:

Post a Comment