Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

American holidays tend to be a difficult time for many expats. Fortunately for me, I haven't had that experience so far. For the 4th of July I went to an Embassy Party & also dinner w/ an American friend. On Halloween, I went to a costume party & managed to have a great time with about 15 other 'foreigners'. And now comes Thanksgiving.

Since I just came back from visiting family & friends, I was a) still a little jetlagged and b) still on the high of having been w/ my loved ones. So Thanksgiving really didn't phase me. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised when a number of Danes wished me a "Happy Thanksgiving" to which I consistently replied w/ "Gobble Gobble" much to their amusement & delight.

That evening, an American friend of mine (same as the one that I shared the 4th of July with) & I went to dinner @ a Canadian burger joint. I won't dare say that it's close enough so as to not insult my Canadian friends. However, let's just say that the burgers were 'almost American'. (I hope I am safe with that description.) I had a lovely evening of good food, good company, no food coma and DEF no family throwdowns. Not that any of that happens in MY family. ;-)

This Sunday, I will celebrate again at a Thanksgiving luncheon hosted by another American friend of mine. I can't promise that there won't be a food coma this time. The menu will consist of all the traditional fixin's & I simply can't wait.

Just thinking about it all makes me go Yuuummmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment