Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Ride a Bike Now

I was determined to accomplish this monumental feat before the end of Summer & there you go...I ride my bike to work, to the store, to friends houses...I'm pretty good at it, I think. But Mother Nature is a bit of a royal bitch because the moment I decided that I was going to ride the bike to & fro'...Well that's when the trick decided that the weather needed to be one huge pain in my arse.

I'm constantly hearing that nothing beats a Danish summer. Summers are soooo perfect here that they totally make up for the harsh winters, cold Springs, & even colder Autumns. Summer is IT. What no one tells you is that the Danish summer lasts for about 2 days. Blink & well, you just might miss it. Oh...And just to make it even more fun, these 2 days are usually a Monday & Tuesday & you can only stare in amazement from your office window.

So now that I am opting to use the bicycle for transportation, the temps drop, the rain has started, the wind picks up. It's incredible. So friends...While you are all complaining from your airconditioned homes & cars about your 100 plus degree temps & planning your trips to the pool & the beach because your tan needs a touch up...well just think of me...Riding my bicycle, in the rain, in 50 degree temps, looking a little like Casper the friendly ghost. Think of me, shut your mouth, and spend an extra 10 minutes at the beach/pool just for me. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment