Monday, February 7, 2011

The Surprise Party

Earlier this week, Nuryta's sister moved into our apartment because when I leave, she will move into my room and help with the rent. Nuryta said to me that she thought we should show Gisel "a little bit of Charlotte" & made plans to take her to Dixie's on Saturday night. I took it upon myself to invite Sonja & Lauren (who told me she had dinner plans but might be able to meet up later in the night). Gisel, Nuryta, & I decided to spend Saturday at the mall, where I ultimately treated myself to a mani/pedi since this was a loooonnngggg week. It all seems normal enough, right?


Well, I walk into Dixie's & I see Lauren & think "Yay, Her dinner must've ended early!" Then I see Ketan who to the best of my knowledge DOESN'T KNOW Lauren...And I was confused. Even when I heard people yelling surprise & congrats, I didn't quite catch on that this entire evening was actually a surprise Bon Voyage party for me!


It was a lovely evening surrounded by wonderful people. I feel loved & so happy that in my almost 3 years here in Charlotte, I have come to meet some absolutely amazing people & form friendships that I truly hope will last a lifetime. I didn't know what to expect when I moved here and now, I can't imagine calling any other place home. I'm excited about my adventure to Europe & no one knows what God has planned for me in the future, but right now, when I close my eyes & daydream about my future - the family I hope to have - & the career I hope that I am carving now, it all takes place in this amazing town.


There was a lot of drinking, laughing, dancing, & even a few tears of raw emotion. What a great night! I love and hate everyone who bought me drink after drink but the jokes on you because while everyone was feeling terrible the next day, I drank tons of water & started my morning with some aspirin & gatorade so I am actually not too bad off! MUAHAHAHA!!!

The co-conspirators


What a beautiful (and tasty) cake!

Some of the gentlemen that made an appearance





3 comments:

  1. We LOVE you! I expect all pictures on facebook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! we still really miss you in Miami! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too, T!

    And yes, pics are coming...Soon I think...

    ReplyDelete