Thursday, March 22, 2012

St Patty's Day - The Before & After

Growing up in Miami, St. Patty's Day was never really a big deal. We much prefer Cinco De Mayo, Noche Buena, Dia de los Reyes Magos....ummm basically anything in Spanish. ;-)

But then I moved to Charlotte, NC & the Irish in me really started coming up, particularly in March. After 3 years of marathon pub crawls, I have to admit that I was a little heartbroken to be away this year on the big day.

Alas, Copenhagen did NOT disappoint. My day consisted of meeting random Irish people at an Irish bar, being given a hat by someone that may have been a leprechaun in another life, getting quite a few free drinks from a Dane (FYI - this is an almost unheard of phenomenon), several run ins w/ people I know from work, a house party to end all house parties (NOT hosted by me this time), green jello shots, something called sucker punch, meeting the guy who lived in my apartment before me, reciting quite loudly all the words to Hustling by Rick Ross, & well...good times over all. Want proof....Check out the before & after....

And yes, I do think I am getting too old for this. :)

Starting the day

Ending the night (SMH in embarrassment - ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment