Saturday, February 25, 2012

So I've been a little lost. And I don't just mean in reference to my lack of blogging. It's hard to sit & explain the goings on at the moment, mostly because I myself don't know how I feel about everything.

Copenhagen, oh how you confuse me so. My time here is quickly coming to an end & so now the search for work in the US has begun. This is a very bittersweet time for me.

I'm excited to return HOME (Denmark has never really felt like home to me) & be near my loved ones & my doggie who I have missed more than anyone can understand. I'm fascinated by the idea that in a few short months, I can jump into my car & drive over to a salon & not lose my entire salary in getting a manicure. Yep, I haven't changed much & these are still the things I miss. I look forward to understanding every conversation around me. I'm anticipating being in the land of the free & the home of the brave...and more importantly, be able to say that & have someone understand what the hell I am referring to.

But make no mistake, my time spent here has been full of fun, good times, great people, exciting moments, & I will be sad the day it comes to an end. I've come to enjoy my bicycle...and even more importantly, enjoy the fact that I am leaving some lbs in Denmark as a result of it. hehehe.... I'll miss the people that I have grown attached to. I'll miss wearing a scarf all the freaking time, even in summer. I'll miss it all...Well, that's not true. I won't miss it ALL. There's plenty here I won't miss but that's all work related & I won't get into that now.

The point is...when the day comes, there will be a smile on my lips but also a tear in my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment